Make a Difference
Volunteers play an important part in the success of our organization and in the lives of our clients. Whether it’s sharing your time with a client, playing a game or going for a walk and fostering a friendship along the way, you can make a difference.
We have volunteer opportunities to fit a variety of interests and time commitments.
- Support for Families: assist in monthly Saturday Fun Respite events and activities
- Special Events: Assist with planning, set up, clean up and a variety of activities
Dinner Theater – Postponed to September 16 in 2022
Flannel Gala – May 19, 2022
Golf Tournament – July 11, 2022
Summer Fun Day – August 7,2022
Community Thanksgiving Dinner – November 24, 2022
Gala – December 3, 2022
- College Friends: College students are paired with an LBSA client for weekly visits
- Community Friends: Community members are paired with an LBSA client for weekly visits
- Corporate or Team Events: If you have a group looking for a volunteer project, we can match some of our needs with your group’s skillset or interest
Internships at Laura Baker Services Association are flexible, meaningful and unique – perfect for students or those wanting to dig into the field of disability support services. Internships can be customized to meet students’ objectives or other personal goals.
“I’ve been volunteering for LBSA for the last eight years in a variety of different roles and I am honored and feel incredibly fortunate to have LBSA part of my life.”– LBSA Volunteer
Sign Up to Volunteer
Interested in making a difference? Please complete the form to get started.
Recognizing Distinguished Service
At the conclusion of Robert (Bob) Bonner’s stellar service on the LBSA Board of Trustees, the board chose to honor Bob with a Distinguished Service Award, named in his honor. Annually, we honor those who have made a real difference at LBSA through their constant involvement, time, energy and resources.
Past Award Recipients
- Dave and Ruthie Neuger (2019)
- Chris and Sheila Kennelly (2018)
- Cheryl Buck (2017)
- Annette Nierobisz and Rob Morrow (2016)
- Charlie and Lorraine Sewich (2015)
- Ed and Anne Lundstrom (2014)
- Bob and Marilyn Matta (2013)
- Mike Hero (2012)
- Steve Kelly (2011)
- Bill Cowles and Pam Schiele (2010)
2020 Award Recipient
Frank Zastera has been involved with people with disabilities for most of his life, growing up with his sister who has a developmental disability. In addition to being a family member, Frank was a legacy board member for Laura Baker Services Association (LBSA), accepting a nomination to join the board after his father, Joe, retired. Frank served on the board from 2000–2020 and served as secretary for 10 years of his service.