Welcome and thank you for your interest in Laura Baker Services Association’s Family Navigator Services Program!
We Stand with You
We know that as a parent, family member or caregiver of a person with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) you may feel overwhelmed with navigating the complex systems required to support your loved one. These feelings occur at different points along your journey:
- Your child has just been diagnosed with a developmental disability.
- You and your loved one are navigating a transition in their life.
- You are in need of a myriad of other services and supports.
With over 125 years supporting individuals with IDD and their loved ones, Laura Baker Services Association (LBSA) stands with you and is ready to be your supportive partner.
Family Navigator Services Program
We offer customized support packages based on an initial, free consultation (Sliding fee scale is available). Our Family Navigator services can include assistance with navigating:
- Regional and state developmental disability programs and services options.
- Peer support and family connections.
- Community connections.
- First steps in accessing county, state, and federal programs (waivers)
- Housing options.
- Major life transitions and challenges:
- Prenatal advising.
- Birth and infancy.
- Toddlers and preschoolers.
- Preparing for school at various transition points.
- Preparing for life after school including job preparation and aging related services.
- Legal Considerations: guardianship, wills, trusts.
- Medical record management.
- Access to referral network of professionals who provide services to families with individuals with developmental disabilities.
Lead Family Navigator
Hello, I’m Sam Gershman, Lead Family Navigator here at LBSA. My greatest passions in any work I’ve done are building communities and servicing the means of supporting them. Kickstarting new initiatives with creative ways to solve problems and developing strong relationships with others in the community are the two best ways I get things done. In my spare time, I love spending time traveling with my wife, creating new recipes and food pairings, dissecting pop culture oddities, and watching sci-fi films. I look forward to meeting you!
Schedule a Free Consultation
Are you interested in learning more? Please complete the following information and Sam will be in contact with you to set up your initial consultation.
Payment and Registration
It’s easy to pay your invoice by credit card! Please click the link below: