In Home Services provides supports for individuals living in their family home or independently in a house or apartment. For a client living with his or her family, the program provides services needed to enable the family to remain together in a safe and stable environment. For clients living on their own, these services allow continued independence as the person grows and learns. Staff may work with clients from once a week to several times a week.
These services provide living skills training tailored to each clients’ needs. Common components include:
- Responsible decision making
- Personal care and hygiene
- Health and wellness
- Coping skills and behavior
- Budgeting and money management
- Meal planning and preparation, and diet management
- Shopping skills
- Socialization and leisure
- Personal safety and emergency training
- Accessing community resources
- Apartment/home maintenance
- Rights and responsibilities of community living
- Telephone and utility usage
As with all programs provided at Laura Baker Services, we emphasize support plans that are based on the individual’s wants, needs and dreams and work with their team to design customized goals and plans.