Over and over again our clients have found immense benefit in music therapy to help them focus on physical, cognitive, emotional and social goals. Our in-house, board-certified music therapist designs programs that engage clients in active music making, movement, singing, songwriting, lyric analysis, relaxation and/or other music therapy techniques to help improve their quality of life.
Available services include:
- Individual and group music therapy.
- Adaptive music lessons.
- A choir for adults of all abilities.
- Developmentally based early childhood music programs.
- An inclusive summer creative arts camp – Jam Camp.
- Monthly community hand drumming and adaptive Taiko drumming groups. (Everyone is welcome to participate. There is a $5 fee for non-LBSA clients.)
Laura Baker Services’ music therapy services are available for individuals and organizations on a contractual basis. Those who may benefit from these services include people with: Alzheimer’s/dementia, chronic pain, developmental disabilities, learning disabilities, grief/loss issues, neurological disabilities (autism, traumatic brain injury, stroke, Parkinson’s, etc.), palliative or end-of-life issues.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Solar.
Interested in a Music Therapy internship? Learn more.