- Rewarding careers • Supportive team • Shifts to fit a variety of lifestyles
We’re helping our clients with developmental disabilities reach their dreams. There isn’t a more fulfilling job anywhere.
Our employees are vital to our success. We show our appreciation with the following:
- Opportunities for advancement
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits: retirement account, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, paid time off
- Free meals for Direct Support Staff
- Diverse workplace – ages 16+, a variety of life perspectives, a range of experience
- Paid training
- A culture that supports ongoing learning
Rewarding careers start here.
Yes, there are challenges. But over and over again we hear people say that they are fully supported to meet those challenges. The good days far outweigh the bad days.
Hear how Derrick describes his job:
Visit our YouTube channel to hear how other employees describe working at LBSA.
- In Home Services Director & Coordinator
- Night Owls (Direct Support Staff)
- Direct Support Staff (community homes; on campus)
- In Home Direct Support Professionals – Full-time, part-time (“Lead” staff opportunities available)
QDDP – Full-time
We are looking for a self-motivated, compassionate person to join our team. Duties include collecting and analyzing programmatic data, writing behavior support plans, monitoring psychotropic medications, and some direct care. Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field & experience working with people who have developmental disabilities required.
Submit letter, resume, salary requirements and three professional references to email@example.com
In Home Services Director & Coordinator – 25 hours per week or up to 40 with addition of direct support hours
Do work that positively changes people’s lives as Director and Designated Coordinator for LBSA’s In Home Support Services. In Home Services provides supports for individuals living in their family home or independently. Hire and supervise staff, develop schedules, manage budgets, and work with teams to provide high quality, person-centered services.
Experience working with persons with developmental disabilities required.
Submit letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 10, 2017.
LPN – Full-time
Primary responsibilities: Monitoring all aspects of client care, completing health care reports, participating in team meetings, taking clients on medical appointments. Experience working with the developmentally disabled preferred. Requires a valid nursing license.
For the LPN position only. Submit letter and resume to email@example.com No phone calls for this position.
Direct Support Staff (community homes; on campus) – Full-time, part-time, occasional
Primary responsibilities: caring for clients in a variety of settings. Paid training is provided.
- A variety of schedules and shifts available (including overnights, days, mornings, evenings, and afternoons)
- $10+ per hour, depending on experience
- Must be 16 years of age or older
To apply: Complete an application online.
In Home Direct Support Professionals – Full-time, part-time
Primary responsibilities include working 1:1 in community with individuals who have a developmental disability in order to support their skill-building and community access goals.
- Flexible possibilities for part-time and full-time positions;
- Opportunities include: some mornings and afternoons (M-F); weekday evenings (through dinner time); and weekends
- Schedule is established during hiring process and based on individual client need (may be subject to change)
- $10+ per hour, depending on experience
- 1+ year of experience preferred
- After 90 days, possibility for promotion to Lead status and $11+ per hour, depending on experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license with dependable vehicle preferred
- Comfortable using mobile technology (or if not, willingness to learn)
To apply: Complete an application online. Please specify “in-home” on your application, when selecting position.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-645-8866.
Laura Baker Services Association is an equal opportunity employer.